Role of RKCL
Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Ltd. (RKCL) is a Public Limited Company Promoted by Rajasthan Government, nominated as State Implementing Agency (SIA) by Department of Electronics & Information Technology (DeitY), Ministry of Communication & Information Technology, Government of India through its letter No L-14018/3/2015-HRD Dated 05.05.2015 for implementation of Scheme for Financial Assistance for Skill Development in Electronics System Design and Manufacturing (ESDM) Sector.
Responsibility of State Implementing Agency (S.I.A.)
- Implement the skill development initiative.
- Ensure that the deliverables of the project are achieved in a time bound manner.
- Sign a MoU with PMU for implementation of the Scheme. The Implementing Agency will be the single point of contact on behalf of the State/UT for DeitY and PMU.
- SIA would tie-up with various industries, KIAs, Skill providers both in Govt. and private sectors to participate in the scheme implementation.
- SIA need to interact and collaborate with the Key Implementing Agencies viz. ESSCI/ NIELIT/ TSSC only, which would then collaborate with the respective identified / accredited/ affiliated training partners for organizing the training. The allotment of batches to the respective Agency needs to be indicated to the Key Implementing Agencies.
- The SIA will ensure facilitating sharing of resources like labs, workshops etc, if the need arises, for the Training Partners.
- SIA will maintain the overall chart of the skilling taking place in the State. This should be in line with the scheme document.
- The reservation is as SC-15%; ST-7.5%; EWS-17.5%. However if sufficient number of candidates are not available in any category, they may be filled with candidates from SC/ST/EWS in that order as applicable, with due approval from respective SIA (which can seek approval from PMU)
- SIA will work out collaboration/coordination details with Govt. training/educational
- Institutions/schools so as to ensure that their students join the training programs offered under the ESDM Scheme.
- SIAs may propose new courses, to be added to the approved list of courses, based on demand and employability prospects to DeitY and PMU, in the format as per Appendix.
- The SIAs may send the details of the courses along with the detailed justification for inclusion based on the demand and employability perspective. All the proposed courses would be put up before the Expert Committee for recommendations and approval
- In order to ensure employment of the students/youth trained under this Scheme, the SIA will liaise, interact, coordinate with the local industry and work out a placement mechanism. They will also organize events like Job Fairs periodically to facilitate the trainees and the Industry for placement of trained candidates.
- SIA will help the Key Implementing Agencies and TPs in coordination and tie-up with industry for training and placement.
- The SIA will hold workshops for public awareness and mobilization of the students for training under this scheme.
- In case of any grievance of the SIA, the SIA should approach the PMU for grievance redressal.