RKCL - Rajasthan Knowledge Corporation Limited is a Public Limited Company established in Rajasthan as a joint venture of Government of Rajasthan; Maharashtra Knowledge Corporation Limited (MKCL), Pune; University of Rajasthan; Jaipur, Maharana Pratap University of Agriculture and Technology, Udaipur; Vardhaman Mahaveer Open University, Kota; Rajcomp Info Services Ltd. and Centre for e-governance.
The main objective of company is to develop a new educational framework which can plan, implement, supervise and regulate the developing needs for IT skills in the 21st century in the State of Rajasthan by promoting the IT enabled education programs as practiced in the Departments of School, Higher, Technical and Medical Education, Government of Rajasthan and to take all such action as may be deemed to be necessary to provide high quality education including better connectivity, computer skills and co-ordination amongst all educational institutions, universities, students and the Government, as well as to obtain sponsorships, institutional backups and financial support for the present and future programs and responsibilities accepted on behalf of the State Government.
- Network of 1750+ ITGK in the state well equipped with more than 8,500 computers with state-of-the-art hardware, software and internet connectivity.
- Well-equipped IT training centers at 200+ BNRGSKs (Bharat Nirman Rajiv Gandhi Seva Kendras) in the state with more than 1,000 computers with state-of-the-art hardware, software and internet connectivity.
- Huge capacity building and enrichment of infrastructural, financial, human and intellectual resources for the state for providing learning, governance and empowerment services to people
- Network Coverage in all metropolitan, urban, semi-urban, rural, and tribal areas of the state
- Network Coverage in all districts and 200 + tehsils of the state
Services to the People
- 4 lac+ youth in the state were given state-of-the-art IT Literacy Training through RKCL’s RS-CIT course in last 4 years at affordable cost.
- 40,000+ youth have been given Online Government Recruitment Services across the state through OASIS Framework.
- 9000 youth in the state got direct employment and self-employment opportunities in this network with decent and stable income at their own native places.
- 15,000 youth in the state got indirect job opportunities in this network at their own native places.
Financial Benefits to Government
- Turnover grew from ` 19.46 million to ` 221.29 million in 4 years i.e. from 2008-09 to 2012-13 gives a confidence to state established enterprises.
- Paid Rs. ` 5 million+ to Government of India in last 4 years by way of taxes.